Dr. Fritz Boettner is a specialist in joint-preserving arthroscopic surgery and minimally invasive total joint replacements of the knee and hip.
His practice concentrates on the nonsurgical and surgical treatment of early arthritis. As part of a patient-centered individual approach, he performs arthroscopic cartilage surgery and joint preserving osteotomies, as well as minimally invasive total joint replacements and resurfacings.
“Minimal invasive surgery reduces surgical trauma, resulting in advantages for early rehabilitation,” he says. ”In addition, patients love their cosmetically appealing incision.”
Born in Germany, Dr. Boettner studied at the top international centers for his specialty, completing fellowships in four sub-areas, as well as additional training in pelvic osteotomies and open hip dislocation with surgeons in Germany, Switzerland and the United States. He has authored an orthopedic textbook, as well as numerous scientific publications.
- Assistant Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College
Hip and Knee
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Resurfacing
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Hip Replacement
- Complex Revision Hip Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement
- Patellofemoral Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
- Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Travelling Fellowship, American Orthopaedic Association 2000
- OrthoBiotech OREF Award for Excellence in Blood Management 2005
- Best Poster Award, European Society of Anesthesiology 2013
- Best Poster Award, North German Orthopaedic Association 2013
- Best Poster Award, EFORT Meeting, London 2014
- Best Paper Award, World Arthroplasty Congress, Paris, 2015
- Best Poster Award, European Knee Society, London 2017
Membership Professional Societies
- Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS)
- German Orthopaedic and Traumatology Society (GOOC)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medcine (ISAKOS)
- Center for Hip Preservation
Below are the healthcare industry relationships reported by Dr. Boettner as of March 11, 2013.
- Ortho Development Corporation – Product design consultant; designed high flex total knee replacement system; receives royalties
- Smith & Nephew – Product design consultant; revision total knee arthroplasty device; receives royalties
Board Certification certificate
Please ask Dr. Boettner if you have questions about his relationships.